I absolutely love lace, in all colors and types. Why not use a lace trimming to create stunning earrings? This simple, yet beautiful project can be made in half an hour. Get inspired and create statement earrings using only a few things. Have other ideas for tutorials? Let me know below!
- ¼ yd. Lace trimming with designs that can be cut (I used guipure flower lace, because the designs are easy to separate and don’t ravel.)
- Mix of 50 – 50 Elmer’s glue and water
- Medium sized brush
- Waxed paper (to protect your working surface)
- Cup for mixing
- 2 jump rings
- 2 earrings fish hook wires
- 2 pliers
- awl or another sharp object
1. Cut 2 pieces of guipure trimming as desired. Make sure they match.
2. Place guipure trimming on the waxed paper. Apply evenly the Elmer’s glue and water mixture to one side. Let dry for at least two hours. Turnover, do the same with the other. This will make the trimming stiff, looking less like fabric.
3. Pierce the trim on the top part of the earrings. Using two pliers, open the jump ring and insert it in the hole you just made. Insert the fish hook wire. Close the jump ring. Repeat for the other earring.
You can add stones and other connectors to make the earrings longer and more colorful and unique. Don’t be afraid to experiment!